Why apologize?

There are things you know that I don't
There are things I know that you don't
There are things I did and places I have been
There are things you did and places you have been
We know not of the other
That makes us equal
Dark corners, lit skies
That makes two of us.
The only time we are unequal is if you tell me
You have never tried
Never braved
Never chased
Never humbled
Never learned
Rested
Never got back up

The only time we are unequal
Is if you said,
You never leaned on
If you said, it is YOU alone
When it really takes all of us.

But you didn't
You reached out
You questioned
Why then, do hold back?
Why apologize?

“There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.”


― Carl SaganThe Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

#Respect all
#Collaborate
#Question



Comments